Through the summer I’m opening up a can of worms at Shelbyville First Baptist Church! I’m wading in waters where I might just drown! I’m going out on a limb! I’m biting off more than I can chew! I’m waking up several sleeping dogs! I’m swimming with the sharks! I’m taking a stick and hitting a hornet’s nest. For the entire summer, I’m going where very few preachers will dare go!
On Sunday, June 5, I will begin a sermon series called HOT TOPICS! I will address some of the most difficult and sensitive questions in life today. Here’s the list:
- June 5: What Does the Bible Say about Homosexuality?
- June 12: Is Laziness a Sin?
- June 19: Is Sex a Four-letter Word?
- June 26: Can a Christian Be Divorced?
- July 10: Is Osama Bin Laden in Hell?
- July 17: Is Abortion Always Wrong?
- July 24: Is It a Sin to Be Rich?
- July 31: What Music Is Real “Christian” Music?
- August 7: Are We Prejudiced in Shelbyville?