Have you ever wondered what our bodies will be like in Heaven? Will I still be a runner? If so, will I be faster and able to run as far as I desire without becoming tired? Will we need to exercise? Will we need to eat and what food will be available? Here are a number of Scripture passages that shed light on this interesting subject.
7 Interesting Facts about the Heavenly Body
- Our heavenly body will be recognizable. (1 Corinthians 13:12; Matthew 17:1-3)
- Our heavenly body will be like Christ’s body. (1 John 3:2; 1 Corinthians 15:39)
- Our heavenly body will permit eating. (Luke 24:40-43)
- Our heavenly body will be unlimited by time, gravity, and space. (Luke 24:31; John 20:19, 26)
- Our heavenly body will be an eternal body. (2 Corinthians 5:1-5; 1 Corinthians 15:42)
- Our heavenly body will be a glorified body. (Romans 8:18; 1 Corinthians 14:42-43)
- Our heavenly body will be a spiritual body. (1 Corinthians 15:44)
The Bible does not tell us everything about the Christian’s future body, but it does give us quite a bit of information. I’ve heard other questions as well. Will there be animals in Heaven? Will we know everyone and not need introductions? Will we be married in Heaven? Will we be aware of loved ones and friends who did not make it to Heaven?
Through Him (Jesus) we can experience forgiveness and cleansing.
I hope you are prepared for Heaven. Jesus loves you and wants you to spend eternity with Him. He came to this earth and died on the cross to pay the penalty for our sins, although He Himself never sinned. Through Him we can experience forgiveness and cleansing. Confess to Him that you have sinned. Invite Him to come into your heart and to forgive you of your sins. Commit to follow Him as the Lord of your life. Find a local Biblical church and become involved. You will grow and God will be pleased!